Proprietary firm transfered with incomplete documents

Filed police complain ,but first police said it valid and RTI filed with documents police said it is the matter of sales tax department

Answers (1)

110 votes

The alleged transfer which has been made without complete documentation is apparently indicative of the possibility of concealing vital information, which might have been deliberately suppressed to gain undue advantage. Such possibility of a sham transaction having taken place by concealing documents can only be investigated by the police agency. Police agency upon receipt of the FIR must have made the necessary investigation by calling the person(s) involved in the transaction and also by asking to produce the missing documents. A fraud whether has been perpetrated or an attempt made to that effect calls for an investigation.

Police cannot shy away from its duty by citing that it is a matter of sales tax department, as the department shall be concerned with the evasion of tax in the event of the sale. However, the propriety or validity of the sale has to be examined at the first instance, which needs to be investigated. If the sale is not valid, the question of sales tax cannot be gone into.

Hence, you are advised to approach the SP/DCP asking for an investigation into the matter and thereafter, you can resort to approaching the Court of Law for necessary directions for conducting such investigation by the Police.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles