What is the procedure to withdraw the case from consumer court

I want to withdraw the case from consumer court.what is the procedure.

Answers (5)

166 votes

Just file a simple application to withdraw the case. In most cases the forum also allows to withdraw the case on oral request during the hearing. Withdrawal is not difficult if pleaded by the authorized Peron or advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

It is very simple to withdraw case from Consumer Court. you Just have to appear on date fixed and inform presiding officer regarding this , your statement will be recorded and case will be withdrawn. For any other advice regarding this you can contact me through this forum.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
222 votes

You need to file an application for withdrawal before the forum with appropriate reasons. It is for the forum to allow or reject your application for withdrawal. Sometime cost is also imposed by the forum for wasting time or reasons for withdrawal are not appropriate.

250 votes

Nothing special in withdrawal of case before consumer court.you just give your statement before consumer forum to withdraw the complaint filed by you but it is important that you should be complainant in the matter

341 votes

You ( complainant) can move an proper application for withdrawal of your consumer complaint. In simple manner court allows the application but if opposite party objects to the same than court pass the adequate order on application.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles