What action taken against opposite party for not obeying courts order

My case is in Delhi Consumer Forum against a builder who has not given possession in time. 1 year back, the judge has asked the opposite party to file "evidence by way of affidavit". Two dates have passed but the OP has not done so. This is unnecessarily delaying the process as things haven't moved since 1 year. What action could I take against the OP now?

Answers (3)

340 votes

Court would grant at least 3 adjournments to enable OP to file evidence by way of affidavit. If they won't court would proceed with the case. You may insist court to pass exparte orders or request court to impose cost on OP.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

simple if they don't want to file evidence and taking time for this you can oppose say to court that close his file evidence right but if you want this you should hair a advocate he will better oppose then he can not take time again you ll be get relief

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
311 votes

Dear sir,
This is the tricks used by OP to delay the matter. Evidence by way of Affidavit or any other compliance is to be made within time or else you can tell the court to pass such order which may leads to compliance by party

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles