Refund of money from photographer for not providing album

hello. I have already paid 70% amount to the photographer. Now its been 3 months and I havnt received my wedding album and video CD. Moreover this photographer is not responding to my calls and msgs. i have been trying to get in his touch everyday. He always reject our call or switched off his mobile. by somehow i get his subordinate no. ,he promised to give stuff withibn a week but now he is also not responding. We get to know from third party that the photographer is in Mathura jail (his family matter). I want a direction in his issue. My money is already gone plus dont get album&CD. What should I do in this now?? I have record of 15K only as it was transferred online. but rest of the amount (15K) was paid in cash and have no proof!

Answers (4)

It's very simple. Just send him a legal notice in regard. I hope it will surely suffice your needs if not file a case in consumer court of your area.
It's easy to tackle such fraud people but you need to start the process once. Contact me for fast and easy solution.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client : 1. Keep quotation / performa / estimates of the contract given by the photograpy ready.( if available)
2. Immedetely file a criminal complaint against the photographer for cheating you at police station a) place of photograpy was done b) place of shop of the photographer c) mark copy to police station Mathura where he is lodged now.

3. Consumer court will benefit only when the photographer is available to respond to notice.
4. You have to strike for criminal charges against the photographer it's only then he may agree to return your money or the photographs/CD.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Yes you can institute a case against the photographer for deficiency in service before the Consumer Court or even file a civil recovery. It is pertinent to mention that you should have the receipts of placing the order for the wedding album/videography with him in order to establish your relationship followed by your claim. Criminal action can also be instituted as he has failed to deliver the property in question despite receiving monetary consideration. Cash payments might also be proved depending on the facts and circumstances of the case.


You can approach the consumer court and file a complaint against the photographer. It is good you have proof of 507 payment made by you. Consumer courts are pro consumer, and you will surely get your relief.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

flat regisstered in april 2016 in pune, because of financial problem unable to pay balance 50 % payment, it will take time , if cancelled the flat sta…

Read More

we have invested money in Kiddieloft modeling and casting agency, but they have done only 1 shoot remaining 6-7 shoots are pending. According the docu…

Read More

I missed my flight and my loss is 50000 because of cab driver who cancelled my trip after staring trip and denied to take me to airport. Because of hi…

Read More

I paid 10k as advanve to a company The Jib Masters in Delhi on promise of interviews/training for a job in Dubai. The money was sent via NEFT. Receipt…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue