Non payment of assured returns by the builder

I have purchased retail shop from the builder with a assured return of 11.5% for which full payment is made . He is stops giving cheques since last 03 months

Answers (3)

138 votes

You can register (1) a case with the police against the builder for criminal cheating and also together you can file a case before Consumer Court, if this shop was for your livelihood or before permanent lok adalat if the total sale price is less than Rs. 1 crore. You can also file a civil case for possession and recovery.

You can bring all the papers, letters, communications and e-mails for further and clear advise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

First try to ask builder by written notice to show cause against non payment.
Don't wait any further as cause of action has already arised in your favour.
If he doesn't reply you within time fix.
You can sue him at consumer forum.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
152 votes

Hello you can approach the consumer forum for redresaal of your grievances against the builder. He will return all assured returns plus he will also be penalized for the delayed payment along with the relevant interest

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Purchased a plot and executed absolute sale deed and it was approved layout ,but afterwards the plot layout plan was modified and i was not informed a…

Read More

Eight year before I book 600 sq feet flat Mumbai full and final amount I paid same year by cheque. I get only allotment letter he promised me in allot…

Read More

In Coimbatore District, Chinnavedampatty village we have constructed 383 individual houses which was constructed by a leading Promoter. They denied to…

Read More

Sir, I had booked a flat in the year 2012 but till date no possession has been given. In the interim period, that is in the month of Feb 2014 a cheque…

Read More