Lesser Carpet Area than shown in Agreement, where to file case ?

Which Court the lesser carpet area case has to be filed; Consumer Court or Criminal Court? I measured the carpet area, and it is found to be lesser than the area shown in agreement. I am a Degree holder in Civil Engineering, and highly experienced; and hence can I certify carpet area of my flat?

Please raise the issue with the Builder first. Show him that as per the measurements the carpet area is not sufficing up to the required level. Let him give his reply. Then you can take further steps depending on the arrived scenario.