Legal remedy against wrong post paid bill & received legal notice

Hi sir, I am using vodafone postpaid connection for last 4 years but 6 months back i have requested for prepaid for several times every time they have rejected. last 4 months am not using that number..now i have received a legal notice to my mail id for bill payment. 3 months back i came to Dubai..now they are calling to my family and asking them to attend in court am surprised..am not going to pay that amount as they cheated by sending bills which i have not used..will that legal notice will effect my travel...how i have to proceed further. please advise me. thankyou

It will not effect your travel plans. Ask your parents to visit their office and settle the matter. If you have any proof of visiting and requesting always helpful. They have no coordination in interdepartmental.

Dear Client,
If any case is filed on you the court will intimate not the company. If you receive any intimation from the concerned court in that case you should attend the court compulsory.
So if they again called just ask the court name and case number u can track that in e courts. Don't be afraid.
It will not affect ur travel..
Better you must engage your local area advocate..

First ask any of your family member to contact lawyer and rely to the legal notice by narrating all facts. If you requested Vodafone in writing that is your evidence. This is a simple case. Need not worry nothing can stop your travel