Legal action for wrong fare charged by Ola & not replying to notice

I booked Ola outstation for 4 days with a total fare of Rs12,695 including 1,102kms, GST, driver’s bhatta of Rs300 and Rs250 promotional discount. As per T&C, Rs 10/km will be charged for every extra km after 1,102km. Also, Rs300 will be charged as driver bhatta for every extra day after 4 days. My trip was extended by 1 day and the total kms traveled was 1,854km. So, total should be: For 1102km and 4 days: Rs 12,695 For extra 752km: 752*Rs 10/km = Rs 7,520 For extra day: Rs 300 Total: 12695+1060+300 = Rs 20,515 However, total billed details are: Total Distance Traveled: 1960km Distance Fare: 1960*Rs 10/km=Rs19,600 Daily Allowance: Rs 300*5=Rs1,500 Ride Fare:Rs21,100 Coupon Discount:Rs 250 Taxes:Rs1,284.3 Total Fare: Rs 22,134 However, the bill has been generated for 1,960km. It makes a difference of 106km,i.e. 106*Rs 10/km = Rs 1,060 extra charges. Already sent a legal notice to Ola with a reply period of 15 days (already passed) but no reply. What to do?

Answers (4)

321 votes

Even If you do not get Reply to your legal Notice, you need not wait. You can file your complaint with Consumer forum of your jurisdiction. You must have all documentary evidence to claim and also you have to file promotional offers by OLA

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes


File a consumer complaint in the jurisdictional consumer forum by claiming the amount along with interest. In addition to the amount and interest, claim compensation towards mental harassment and mental agony from Ola.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
337 votes

If there is no reply for legal notice, you must have received acknowledgement that they received the notice and you can now file consumer complaint in DCF and claim damages along with compensation for mental agony, harrassment with false information by them etc.

272 votes

At this point of time it is advisable to file a Criminal/consumer case against the OLA for wrong billing and extorting money from you as a customer and in case if any inconvienance is caused that can also be included

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles