How to fastrack a case if IO does not appear in court hearings

26-Apr-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
My father appears in the court in every date but the Investigating Officer does not come. So my father gets another date. This is happening for the last many dates. Father is a heart patient and needs to travel from Kolkata to N Delhi to appear in the court. He is getting dates every month. How can we ensure there is some seriousness from the IO. Can a old man 70 years who is staying in different city and has heart disease has any legal right to ask for a long date?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
901 votes
You need to make a representation in court to the judge about the persistent adjournments being sought. If it does not work in the trial court then i would suggest that if the case is really been time consuming you may want to try your luck by filing a petition in the high court seeking a time-bound trial.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."