can state consumer forum change order

A house repairing contract given to a contractor , after taking advance money his labors start working but they did not repair anything and damage safe part of house and after 3 days he stop working without informing to house owner, when owner try to contact to him he didn’t respond , owner file a case in district consumer forum, for his advance money and also money for damage part of house [because repairing of that part value is twice than advance money Prove by owner in court] where forum order to contractor to do taken advance money work but they ignore the house damage part relief . can owner appeal in state consumer forum for amendment , can state consumer forum change that order because of dispute with that contractor, owner don’t want him to do work , and district forum also ignore major part which was damage part of house relief , because some people said that is state consumer forum can’t change that order .

Answers (2)

258 votes

Actually you can go to the State Forum by filing an appeal against the order of the District Forum. In the appeal you can not give additional evidence. If the evidence on record are sufficient to prove the "damage part of house relief" then the state forum may grant that relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

You can go ahead for correction in order before State Commission. . . .

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles