(1) changing a lawyer (2) should we have written agreement/contract ?

I have legal suit for consumer protection ongoing. My lawyers has taken fees paid by cash but no receipt. there is no written contract as to how much fees after closure of case. should I get everything in writing.

Answers (2)

320 votes

It depends on lawyer to lawyer, we suggest you speak to your and formalize a legal proposal .

Also, in future you can pay your lawyer vide cheque

183 votes

Absolutely! My general advice always is that refrain from paying cash to lawyers unless it is for reimbursement for expenses. Always insist on payment by cheque or bank transfer against a formally issued invoice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles