(1) changing a lawyer (2) should we have written agreement/contract ?

I have legal suit for consumer protection ongoing. My lawyers has taken fees paid by cash but no receipt. there is no written contract as to how much fees after closure of case. should I get everything in writing.

It depends on lawyer to lawyer, we suggest you speak to your and formalize a legal proposal .

Also, in future you can pay your lawyer vide cheque

Absolutely! My general advice always is that refrain from paying cash to lawyers unless it is for reimbursement for expenses. Always insist on payment by cheque or bank transfer against a formally issued invoice.