wrong order passed by judge, what can I do

Learned judge in matter has passed an order on a certain date. The issue is that judge has shown presence of both petitioner & respondent along with their counsels. Th Judge has also used the phrase "announced in the open court " in the order. But on that particular date no counsels from either side were present & even the judge didn't come to the courtroom, so there was no hearing on that patcular date. How to proceed in such a scaenario ??

Answers (3)

107 votes

This is very unfortunate situation my only question is what is your grievance with the order. These are only technicalities which you have mentioned once your grievances with respect to order is placed then we can suggest you whether u can further challenge it or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

You may file a writ of certiorari in the high court stating the exact facts and circumstances and prove the same with any evidence possible. You must do this as soon as possible.

Hope this was helpful

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
171 votes

File an appeal before the appellate authority against the said order of the judge and cite the non presence of parties and counsels and judge himself as one of grounds of appeal before the appellate authority and other grounds on the basis of the facts and circumstances of the case should also be cited along with grounds of non - presence. The appeal must be filed before completion of limitation period.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles