Wife has affair with other person can i sue him for disturbing my life

Sir, i caught my wife with another person. Can I file a case against that person for harassment and disturbing my life. I am very depressed and feeling alone. Full of anger to take revenge against that guy. He slept with her so many time in my absences. 

Answers (4)

102 votes

You should collect evidence against your wife about her having extramarital relation and after collecting evidence you should think about taking divorce from your wife because without her permission nobody dare to come in your home in your absence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

Yes you may sue that guy for affair with your wife in criminal court and you may also Lodge an FIR against him ...... You may also file a divorce petition against your wife..... I can understand your position but you don't have to be dipress .... Contact for any other querry...

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
242 votes

The act of that other person is a civil wrong in form of tort as well as crime in form of adultery. You can file a criminal complaint against that person for commission of offence adultery punishable under IPC. But it is always in your interest to gather some good proof in form to substantiate your pleadings.

127 votes

Yes. This amounts to adultery. You can file a complaint against that guy in a court having proper jurisdiction. For adultery he will be punished for imprisonment for a term which may extend to 5 years.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles