What is the process Of cancellation of Marriage Registration Notice

I submitted marriage registry notice under special marriage act on 28.12.17. But now I have decided to cancel the said notice cz I do not want to marry now. So I want to know how can I cancel the notice?please tell me the process.

Answers (2)

Dear Sir/Madam
You have just send notice under special marriage act, you have not appear for final marriage. So you dont need to do any thing to cancel the marriage. your application of marriage will automatically be cancelled after the period of 6 month if you do not appear before the registrar for final of the same within this period. further you can intimate by writting to the Marriage registrar with your application no about the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Do you think it's a child's play? It is marriage, according to Vedas, marriage is the union of flesh with flesh and bone with bone. It is of religious and holy character. The only thing you can do is to approach the District court of your locality and file a divorce case though you cannot file it unless 1 yr has been elapsed from date of marriage

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I signed on a promssery note, with out mention date and other details In 2012. I gave principal amount on 2013 with-out took my papers back later I ca…

Read More

1989 ka case hai. Humein abhi tak naukari nahi mili hai. Kya hamein naukari milegi…

Read More

I live in a government housing complex. A family in our community has pet dogs that are violent. The dogs have already caused harm to a boy in society…

Read More

Our property is in hosur, since we are in bangalore we hardly visit the place. Neighbours and villagers are taking advantage of the place by trespassi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue