×

What is the process Of cancellation of Marriage Registration Notice

I submitted marriage registry notice under special marriage act on 28.12.17. But now I have decided to cancel the said notice cz I do not want to marry now. So I want to know how can I cancel the notice?please tell me the process.

Dear Sir/Madam
You have just send notice under special marriage act, you have not appear for final marriage. So you dont need to do any thing to cancel the marriage. your application of marriage will automatically be cancelled after the period of 6 month if you do not appear before the registrar for final of the same within this period. further you can intimate by writting to the Marriage registrar with your application no about the same.

Do you think it's a child's play? It is marriage, according to Vedas, marriage is the union of flesh with flesh and bone with bone. It is of religious and holy character. The only thing you can do is to approach the District court of your locality and file a divorce case though you cannot file it unless 1 yr has been elapsed from date of marriage

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune