Someone stole my identity wallet applied credit card & defaulted

Hi my name is Ramesh my problem is Someone stole my identity through my wallet applied credit card and defaults I don't know how now I got a call from recovery agents through my name contacted me and they are saying you are credit card defaulter what should I do ? Can I complaint on police station or bank please suggest me

Answers (3)

168 votes

hi Ramesh
firstly I need to know was your wallet pick pocket or just the other way, yes you can go for police complaint contact me for further reliefs so that I can help you to file your complaint.
thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

Good Afternoon! did you make a police complaint when someone stole your wallet? If not then first file a complaint for that. Secondly, file another complaint against the bank, that how did they issue the credit card without verifying you in person as the picture on your identity card would be yours and not the person who received the card and now the bank is harassing you. I would suggest that let the bank figure out who has the card and you for now just file the said complaints.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
298 votes

Hi Ramesh
It is unfortunate that such incident happen with you. my suggestion would be you must go to police station and lodge FIR against the unknown person and Bank and its agent who issued you credit card without authority. so, that it may also useful to you in future if Bank file recovery proceeding against you.
God bless you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles