Regarding non creamy layer certificate for divorced woman's child.

My previous question still not replied,I have same issue as asked previously, Hindu Parents separated in 2013, soon getting divorced. Dad has no contact nor pays for us in ANY manner. It's hard to make ends meet with mom's private job n 20k salary. I'm in college brother in class 11. Dad is AAO or by now maybe AO in Acc. Gen's Office, probably earns over 6lakhs p.a. but we don't benefit from it. Can I avail OBC Non Creamy Layer reservation for a govt job? Though my father earns so much, in reality the annual income we thrive on is only around 2.5 lakhs p.a. earned by mom. Is it fair that reservation is meant for financially weaker people like us but still we can't avail it?

Answers (2)

294 votes

You have to claim maintenance under sec. 125 of CrPC from your father. As per obtaining OBC certificate you have to contact Tahesildar of your local Jurisdiction.
Further query contact lawrato

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes


Non creamy layer reservation is reserved for those who lie under the particular criteria. if you are not from other backward class then you cannot avail OBC Non creamy layer reservation.
But if you are coming from OBC quota then your father or mother must have obtained the Non creamy layer certificate in their name as per the Rules and Regulations laid down by the Government, On basis of that certificate you can apply for Government job.

Though you are financially weak but if you do not come under the rules laid by the Government for OBC quota then, you are not eligible to get Non creamy layer reservation certificate.

Thank you,
Vipul B. Sundesha
Gujarat High Court

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles