Received a challan for dangerous driving but I do not have a licence

Hi, I received a challan for dangerous driving, no drivers license. My question is do I have to show a drivers license in court. Or is it just paying penalty and they don't see drivers license or insurance?

Answers (2)

140 votes

yes it is very important to have a driver license in such cases. though as soon as you appear before the court, the judge on first instance will demand you for your driver license . And as you mentioned, you ain't have driving license issued in your name , you can be penalised with "life imprisonment'' according to Indian laws. As it is compulsory to be competent to drive a vehicle on Indian roads. for more information you can visit to my profile for further inquiry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

205 votes will have to appear in the concernd court to get the challan to be filled or paid for the offence of dangerous driving. You may have to show your licence insurance and other documents related to your vehicle upon the call of a judge and accordingly your challan may be disposed off with the penalty in terms of money.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles