Posession to be taken what documents should be taken care of

I am buying a new apartment in Chennai and the construction is almost over. I about to release the last payment of my home loan. Before that can know what are the official documents or other things that I should be aware, get from the builder before I make my final payment to him? 

For every new home buyer it's a dream coming true and a moment of pride. Hope u feel the same way. By this time it should have been registered on your name. Get the copies of all parent documents, Patta/tslr, approval plan & building permission, planning permission, encumbrance certificates, Your allotment letter in original. See whether they have followed the guidelines set under rera and other provisions.
Regds,
G.P.VIJAY

Ask for death and legal heirship certificate of previous owners from present owner for the past 30 years till now along with encumbrance certificates and get the copy of all documents as marked in encumbrance certificate and verify it and ask for building approval license and fire safety license and ask for willing of government if the government want to take through land acquisition from concerned DRO and RDO and get clearance certificate from Hindu religious department state that property not belonged to them and make sure that land is not sc/st land or poromboke. Of course my legal opinion is just a drop of water in ocean. But you are active and the law doesn't help whom sleep

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai