On death of father claim on his saving bank account deposit

My father made his brother nominee in his saving bank account. After his death in Oct.17 he(my uncle) took all money from his account. Do I or my mother have any right on that money? Can I claim that money inspite that my chacha is the nominee in the bank account.

Answers (3)

132 votes

yes you can subjects to facts of the case as legal heir.you have to file a suit for recovery recovery in a competent civil court.In the court you have to prove that you are legal heir and you are entitled to the amount withdrawn by your uncle as a nominee.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

310 votes

There are a lot of factors to be considered here, did your father have a will? Was the money proceeds related to ancestral property or was it self earned? Technically, in case where there is not written will, the wife of the deceased should be the legal heir and would have claim over the property of the husband. Either way, you could approach the court for a stay and get the bank account ceased until this matter is decided, so that your uncle cannot misappropriate the funds.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
228 votes

I dont think you can do anything in this matter. You can claim the money only and only if your father has willed you that account, in specific. In absence of will it is difficult to claim any money.
Best of luck

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles