Money and property being looted by sister, what to do

I stay in a different city due to my work. My parents have certain health issues and hence they are home-bound. My elder sister and her husband stays nearby and manage all their finances (all the debit cards are with my sister and her mobile no. is also linked to all the accounts). Even after 7 years of my parent's retirement, I have not been informed about the account numbers, the limp-sum they received at retirement and monthly pension amounts. My parents both worked at good positions under Central Govt. I can guess that they together earn at least Rs. 75K monthly as pension and also have more than 50 lacs at least as fixed deposits.Given that my parents are still alive (but not in perfect mental state), how do I ensure that I am not cheated of their properties and money?

Answers (3)

178 votes


You have a number of choices pertaining to your present situation. As long as your parents at alive you may obtain information from the departments by RTI. Then accordingly send lawyers notice to your sister demanding the whereabouts of the money. You may also claim the amount after taking with you your parents. There are plenty of advice which could be given, but you may consult me for a specific advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

You may send demand notice to your sister by asking to supply the relevants documents and accounts Number of your parents which are under posession of your sister if your sister neglected to supply then you can file complain before police station by ventilating your grievance that your sister fraudulently with drawing the money from your parents with out your consent

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
227 votes

You need to talk to your parents regarding their money and also ask your sister regarding your parents bank account number etc. As long you dont have any substantial proof you cannot file a suit before any Court stating that you have been cheated.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles