Legality of declaration on Rs10 stamp paper

Lower court order is appealed in highcourt on legality of witnessed Rs.10 stamp colateral declaration by land owner on compund wall. This stamp declaration is neighter registered nor duty valued. Lower court admitted it for 2nd witness while opponent appeal against it to keep it in D section. There was a registered family settlement of this land that opponent will not use this land as path. Please advice the legality of Rs 10 stamped declaration.

The correct stamp duty for declaration is Rs 50 according to rajasthan stamp act. In this case the insufficient stamp duty has been paid. The court should not have admitted it into evidence. Higher court shall impound (in simple terms, confiscate) the document if it finds that the duty paid on the document was insufficient. The High court shall send the document to the concerned collector. It should also determine how much penalty has to be paid by the guilty person. However on the payment of penalty, the document will be admitted in evidence. Nevertheless the concerned collector may prosecute the person guilty of non payment of stamp duty.

dir as your querry i am saying that in today time the minimum value of the is 50 rs the 10 rs stamp had stopped by the government for sale and in your matter please provide compleate imformation about the matter.

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate Madhuri Bakshi
Sector 16, Faridabad