Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legality of declaration on Rs10 stamp paper

Lower court order is appealed in highcourt on legality of witnessed Rs.10 stamp colateral declaration by land owner on compund wall. This stamp declaration is neighter registered nor duty valued. Lower court admitted it for 2nd witness while opponent appeal against it to keep it in D section. There was a registered family settlement of this land that opponent will not use this land as path. Please advice the legality of Rs 10 stamped declaration.

Answers (2)

The correct stamp duty for declaration is Rs 50 according to rajasthan stamp act. In this case the insufficient stamp duty has been paid. The court should not have admitted it into evidence. Higher court shall impound (in simple terms, confiscate) the document if it finds that the duty paid on the document was insufficient. The High court shall send the document to the concerned collector. It should also determine how much penalty has to be paid by the guilty person. However on the payment of penalty, the document will be admitted in evidence. Nevertheless the concerned collector may prosecute the person guilty of non payment of stamp duty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

dir as your querry i am saying that in today time the minimum value of the is 50 rs the 10 rs stamp had stopped by the government for sale and in your matter please provide compleate imformation about the matter.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, Below are the statements of a general power of attorney for a plot: I provide following rights to the attorney holder: 1. In described property,…

Read More

My grandfather sold his ancestral property in 1988. The buyer didn't registered it in a sub-register office, but he took a GPA in his name so that…

Read More

In how many days i can appeal / challenge the order of charity commissioner. form the date of order i have received judgement copy after 40 days from …

Read More

Sir I have not received any information regarding date,place and timing for hearing of my second appeal and CIC have passed decision against my appeal…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue