Legal action as contractor makes road on private land without consent

A land road maker (Contractor) make road on my land without my permission. So now I want compliant for same. How to legal action or contact to same person (Contractor).

Answers (4)

281 votes

First, write a letter to the contractor for stoppage of work and tell the municipality also, to stop the work. Send objection letter to municipality, police station also. For immediate relief, file a civil suit for declaration and injunction in the lower court of your locality and if you show valid document of title of the land, surely you will get a stay order/ status quo from the learned court on the very date of filing of case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

195 votes

When the Contractor make Road on your land without your permission, at that time are you sleeping? Why you should not resist him or lodged Written Complaint against him before the Local Police? If he complete Road, and public use said Road then it will be very difficult to stop the use of the road by public in general.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
311 votes

You have not given the details of the road being maintained by. Whether Municipal, PWD, NHI or private road. If Municipal, PWD, NHI file WRIT in high court and private road file suit for compensation and recovery of land.

343 votes

Respected Madam/ Sir.
I read your matter very carefully and I like to suggest you to file Constitutional Writ at High Court Calcutta.
Nobody can take your property without your permission even Gorvt is also not able to take your property.
Please contact me for further progress everything is taken care by me and my team.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles