Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal action against denial in share of ancestral property to daughter

My grandmother (mothers mother) has propery of 5 crores(govt evaluation) which is ancestral(grandmothers fathers fathers.....) in nature she gave entire property to adopted son not to her 4 daughters can we(daughters)claim right in property using women's equality right in court and we are Hindus

Answers (3)

All of you 4 sisters having shares in your grandmother's property along with the adopted son as per the Hindu succession act2005 but you did not mentioned your grandmother's death whether before 2005 or after 2005

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you have a right on ancestral property and you have to claim equal share , even male or female have equal right , if the property not belongs to self acquired your grand mother has no right to denial the same cont.advocate

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

as per section 14 of the hindu succession as the daughter and son are equal for a women property and if your mother died intestate without claiming share and as well as grand mother you can file suit for partition with the local court having appropriate jurisdiction and can claim share in the property

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I live in a small building with 4 floors & overall 4 flats in total. The building caretaker, who has been working here for 8 years, has turned rog…

Read More

Dear All, My immediate neighbor has opened a bulk grocery shop and running it from past 3-4 years, which is causing nuisance in whole area.Through out…

Read More

Dear sir, I live in a flat in an unregistered building/ apartment since 8 yrs. My flat has been registered but the building committee is not registere…

Read More

How to recover 12guntas land encroached by state government of Karnataka in Bangalore rural…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue