×

Legal action against denial in share of ancestral property to daughter

My grandmother (mothers mother) has propery of 5 crores(govt evaluation) which is ancestral(grandmothers fathers fathers.....) in nature she gave entire property to adopted son not to her 4 daughters can we(daughters)claim right in property using women's equality right in court and we are Hindus

All of you 4 sisters having shares in your grandmother's property along with the adopted son as per the Hindu succession act2005 but you did not mentioned your grandmother's death whether before 2005 or after 2005

you have a right on ancestral property and you have to claim equal share , even male or female have equal right , if the property not belongs to self acquired your grand mother has no right to denial the same cont.advocate

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

as per section 14 of the hindu succession as the daughter and son are equal for a women property and if your mother died intestate without claiming share and as well as grand mother you can file suit for partition with the local court having appropriate jurisdiction and can claim share in the property