Is registration of agreement required or not

Sir/Madam My father sold a shop over his property by a registered deed almost 30 yrs back. Shop was never operated since then and now I am developing same property through a builder. I have to hand over same area of 300 sq.ft shop to the said owner from my share of developed area, for that we are going to execute an agreement on a stamp paper of Rs.50.00 only. Is this agreement requires to be registered ? If yes kindly let me know the fee to be paid for registration.

Answers (3)

335 votes

Well ! The circumstances as explained, your father has already sold out a portion of land through registered deed
But at present you are going to develop such property including that sold portion also.No doubt, there is mutual understanding between the parties with certain terms & condition. Of course, According to Transfer of property Act a deed of agreement must be registered .which holds evidenciary value in the eye of law. It will lead undisputed , peacefully success to your plan.
Aditya kumar
More over, fee for registration is matter of discussion which may be determined latteron.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

295 votes

Venerated Sir
As per the latest judgement of Super Court registration is required for any execution of agreement, if valuation of property is more than 100 rupee that facts has also been enshrined in Indian Registration Act. Ergo, if you register your agreement then it would be beneficial for you. Nominal fee is required for registration.Free free to call me.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
116 votes

Dear, Every agreement dealing with builder must be registered. .because of its legal safety. .. if any despute arose in future , you must have preparation for it... so far as the fee is payable on it is determined by the local authority i.e. The registrar of the district. A 50 rupees non judicial stamp is sufficient. .Thanks.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles