How to pay the party if I have lost the case so that court also knows

If you've lost a money suite and you have to pay some amount to another party then what is the process of closing this? Do you call other party's lawyer, handover demand draft(DD) to him and get the receiving signature, that it? Or is there any other process. My doubt is, if you give the DD to other party's lawyer, how the court will know what happened? Please help me with the right and final approach. Thanks in advance!

Answers (3)

253 votes

Yes you can pay by cheque or DD directly to other party with a notice sent by registered post and filing a memo in court of having paid the amount along with the copy of dd, or cheque. Further you can contact your lawyer and ask his lawyer to keep him present and receive a acknowledgement of having paid the amount, and pay by Dd or cheque.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

If you've lost a money suite and you have to pay amount to another party then, you have to draw a DD if favour of the courts registrar and along with a memo submit it in the court as deposit of amount as per the judgment and order passed. Or you can pay to the party.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
176 votes

What is the case about what is the judgment If you are required to pay money by court order where is the certified copy of it Without furnishing any particulars how to answer your question
What is the case about is it Motor accident case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles