How to file case in High Court without judgment copy

I have been facing a land case since 19 years.We won the case but again after appealing in additional disctrict court we lost.It seems to be a gotup case now.I want to challenge the decision n make it forward to Kolkata high court but they are not providing me the judgement copy even after giving the urgent letter.How can forward this to high court? I heard about 15 days are left from the day decision is given to charge a file in high court

Answers (3)

You can approach the court even without a certified copy by leave of the court, somehow you can obtain a kaccha or handwritten copy form the lower court and on basis of that you can approach. Moreover, its better to have a receipt by way of which you have applied for the certified copy and the same is not made available to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can apply for certified copy yourself before the respective court where the order was passed, thereafter u can file appeal before the Hon'ble High Court alongwith application for condonation of delay under limitation act specify the reasons for delay.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

I read your matter very carefully I want to discuss the total matter and want to suggest you to file for Constitutional relief directly to High Court at Calcutta.
For further progress I have look after all the documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Learned judge in matter has passed an order on a certain date. The issue is that judge has shown presence of both petitioner & respondent along wi…

Read More

28 years ago all people in this street is giving to land to government for constructing drinage system and road.but 10 years back one of the person we…

Read More

Want to know the process for availing court decree for same person with two different name and documents required.…

Read More

Sir, Despite having a High Court Judgement, can a Session's Court Judge give verdict against it in a similar matter? But Justice Agrawal has gone …

Read More