How to enforce partition in family property

My father was died in 1979 I have seven brother and two sisters I want the legal distribution of house owned by my father.

Answers (2)

156 votes

You can file a partition suit making all your siblings party to the suit and also your mother if she is alive. You have got right on 1/10th of the property if your mother is alive. In the case your sisters or other siblings come and agree for the lawful distribution of the property, the settlement would become part of the partition suit and the suit would be decided.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

168 votes

As per Hindu law of succession of the said property is owned by your father only then it will be distributed equally among all your brother and sisters ,now with the latest amendments of 2005 even daughters are at par with sons as far as succession is concerned.For personalised advice provide me all details .

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles