How much time does a case take to conclude

Hi, The lower court ruled in our favour however the other parties have gone for RFA in High court, The case is still pending admission and the case status is "DELAY IS CONDONED" since past 3 years, there is no progress after this,My lawyer says it can take more time, Does it really take time for the case to progress without dates

Answers (2)

337 votes

Yes, what your lawyer is saying is true. There is an acute shortage of judges in the Karnataka High Court and the Court is focusing on the older matters. However, there is a way. You will have to file a detailed application praying for speedy disposal of your appeal. Thereafter, you will have to mention your matter before the High Court and move a Memo praying that your matter be taken up for hearing. Thereafter, the High Court find that there is urgency in your matter, it could dispose it off expeditiously.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

312 votes

Better change the lawyer Since it may not take so many days for court to dispose of RFA. But you need to even know that some high courts have very less judges so disposal rate of cases are slow. Better go through online portal and find out status of case. You will know whether your lawyer is telling truth or lie to you.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles