Clarification on rules for promotion in reserved SC quota

Can a person who was appointed against reserved S.C. quota again claim promotion against reserved quota . is not this violation of rules .. if yes what are the references to prove this point

As per Gauhati High Court ruling, "NO PERSON CAN CLAIM FOR PROMOTION UNDER RESERVED QUOTA IF HE/SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN APOINTED UNDER THE SAID QUOTA".
No person from reserved category can use his/her quota twice for the same job purpose(appointment and promotion).

If the exercise of collecting and analyzing quantifiable data showing backwardness of the class and inadequacy in representation of that class in services is not done then the government cannot give promotion to anyone on the basis of reservation. If such an exercise is done, reservation in promotion would be fully valid. See M. Nagraj, Suraj Bhan Meena and U.P. Power Corporation (All SC decisions).

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur