Clarification on provisions to file case against false atrocity case

sir, Which are the provisions of law to be file a criminal and civil cases against person who filed a false atrocity case (SC ST) and acquitted and under which provisions of law a court fee has to be paid and if u have any format for the same

Answers (3)

You can file a case for malicious prosecution under the criminal law and a suit for defamation and damages under the civil law for the said false atrocity case.

There is no court fee for filing a case under the criminal law and the court fee for civil case will be as per the Court fees and suit valuations act of the state you are filing the civil case at.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You have not mentioned, where you are from and where you want to file civil case. If in Karnataka it is calculated as per Karnataka court fee & suit valuation act. And for criminal case under section 200 of criminal procedure code.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Chapter X and XI of the Indian Penal Code deals with the offenses regarding giving false information and evidence to misuse the lawful authority so as to cause injury to a person. You can file a criminal complaint before the jurisdictional magistrate under section 200 of the Cr.P.C. In so far as the civil law is concerned, you can definitely file a suit for damages. But your acquittal has to be an honourable acquittal. If you have been acquitted on the benefit of doubt, then you would have a tough time succeeding in the suits and complaints which you may file.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

sir i dont no about my case details .but i got bail within 21 days. Opposite party are ready to sattlement the case but my case file are not found in …

Read More

A friend of mine makes vines and funny videos. He has his Instagram profile where he uploaded a video/ vine that is related to lawyers/advocates. It w…

Read More

Hi my grandfather has given a share of 5 acres land as a partition to my father ( among of four sons ). I dont think there is any legal paper for the …

Read More

it's been a year since i filed my case in ranchi high court. The opposition party was given one month time to file a reply after one hearing, that…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue