Are the cases up to 2013 being destroyed what does it mean

sir! I have appealed a civil case in 2013 party received notice but not responded nor deputed any adv now I heard that all the cases r gonna be destroyed? what does that mean will I have a chance to refile a defamation case on the party since he has not responded

Answers (2)

195 votes

Dear client,
First you should verify the order copy of the court which was you filed.
Then you will understand what the judge pronounced in your case.
Don't jump to conclusions.
Defamation is the publication of a false statement that causes you to be harmed in some way. Whether the statement is published in the paper, on the Internet, or is merely spoken to another, it has the power to harm you. You can take action by consulting with a lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

Since it is a 2013 matter, in all probability the case must have been decided exparte in your favour since the other side despite receipt of summons have not responded or appeared before the court.
It is incorrect to state that case records are being destroyed.
Case records will be destroyed only when the cases are disposed of by the court and no appeals are filed.
Check the court records to see what is the status of your case as it is highly unlikely that your matter would not have been decided by now.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles