Are the cases up to 2013 being destroyed what does it mean

sir! I have appealed a civil case in 2013 party received notice but not responded nor deputed any adv now I heard that all the cases r gonna be destroyed? what does that mean will I have a chance to refile a defamation case on the party since he has not responded

Dear client,
First you should verify the order copy of the court which was you filed.
Then you will understand what the judge pronounced in your case.
Don't jump to conclusions.
Defamation is the publication of a false statement that causes you to be harmed in some way. Whether the statement is published in the paper, on the Internet, or is merely spoken to another, it has the power to harm you. You can take action by consulting with a lawyer.

Since it is a 2013 matter, in all probability the case must have been decided exparte in your favour since the other side despite receipt of summons have not responded or appeared before the court.
It is incorrect to state that case records are being destroyed.
Case records will be destroyed only when the cases are disposed of by the court and no appeals are filed.
Check the court records to see what is the status of your case as it is highly unlikely that your matter would not have been decided by now.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi