Want get separated from my husband and take child maintenance

If I want to separate from my husband for mentally harassment,is he responsible to pay money for my daughter age 7years?he says that he didn't pay because his daughter stay with me ,he is gvnt employee Hindu I am Hindu housewife no source of income

Answers (4)

90 votes

Yes you and your daughter both are entitled to get maintenance from your husband. You can get maintenance allowences from your husband U/S- 125 of Cr.P.C or Domestic Violence Act , u simply appoint an Advocate and file a petition before concern court or write a application to the protection officer .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

First file complaint regarding the mentally harassment your husband is causing you with details of day to day and also explain as y you did not make a complaint before. Your husband is liable to pay for both of your maintenance under 125 crpc and also under DV act. But he can ask for custody of the child showing your unemployment. if he hits the child and you take video. Collect his income prove both ancestral and self. your homework can benefit you. You can stay in the house and get maintenance.

You daughter has share in the ancestral property.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
294 votes

You and your daughter are legally entitled to get maintainance form your husband and may file application under section 125cr p c before the learned Court below in your jurisdiction and after satisfaction of your requirements Court will passed the order of maintenance

347 votes

Yes, your husband is bound to pay maintenance to you and your child, for that you need to file a contested divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty along with another petition for alimony pendante life.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles