Procedure to appoint a legal guardianship of child

how can any body be appointed as a legal guardian of a child

You have to file a case for claiming guardianship and than court will decide guardianship on the basis of welfare of child.
Thanks

Normally Father and Mother are the legal guardian of the Child. If there is dispute between mother and father as to who will retain the custody of child, then they can file application in the Court and court will deicde who will be the guardian. While deciding the interest and welfare of the child will be paramount.

In the Event, parents are not alive, then the following person can apply to be come guardian : -
a) The person desirous of being, or claiming to be, the guardian of the minor; or
(b) Any relative or friend of the minor; or
(c) The Collector of the district or other local area within which the minor ordinarily resides or in which he has property;
(d) The collector having authority with respect to the class to which the minor belongs.

Feel free to ask if you have any question

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
LH House, Bangalore

One has to be apply before Honourable court for appointment of the gurdian. in that petition there must be details of minor and the reason why there is need of appointment of guardian. One must file guardianship petition for that.