queshow can i stop my parents from adopting my child against my wishes

I am divorced and my parents want to adopt my child and then get me married to someone. I am ok with a 2nd marriage but do not want them to adopt my child. How can i stop them?

  • ans

    Your parents cannot adopt the child legally, unless you want them to adopt.

    During the lifetime, the child will be in your custody and they cannot force you to give the child.

    File a complaint against them as the motives of your parents are against your wishes.  

  • ansThe law may not permit such adoption during your lifetime. In any event your consent is essential without which no adoption can be effected

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • ansPlease specify About you first:
    What is your gender?
    What is your Age?
    what is the age of your baby?

    answer these queries to get right answer.
    Adv Mohan S.

    Advocate Mohan S

      Janakpuri, Delhi

  • ansYour parents cannot adopt the child legally ,unless you want them to adopt.During the lifetime ,the child will be in your custody and they cannot force you to give the child.File a complaint against them.Though the motives of your parents are bonafide they cannot act against your wishes.

    Advocate Ritesh Isaac

      Bengali Market, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

is child custody issue solved before MOU of MCD or is it different case. Is…
I had job but some reason now I am job less for 1 year my…
I want to divorce my husband on grounds of incompatablity..i have been looking after my…
I & my wife are planning for Mutual divorce due to lack of adjustment &…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly