quesHow can a adoption deed be made for taking a child to England?

The son now aged 15 years old , residing in Dehradun, was adopted by his Uncle in 2005 when he was 5 yrs old abandoned by his mother . There was no documentation or proofs, it was customary adoption, just giving and taking. later, the adoptive Father got married in 2008 and subsequently went to England . Child remained in the custody of grandparents. Now, the adoptive Father wants to make documentation of the adoption and take him to England. Can he make adoption Deed now.

  • ans

    How are you related to child? Where did you get the child? Did you file FIR Please provide complete facts.
    As per Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act-2000 prescribes procedure regarding abandoned children.

    When you found this child you were require to file a FIR in  the concerned Police Station and make an application to Child Welfare Committee  within 24 hours seeking permission to keep custody of the child.  
    The LAPA may initiate the process of clearance from CWC (Child Welfare Committee) at the earliest, in the case of abandoned children and the Child Welfare Committee will make all possible efforts within a period of two months to declare the child legally free for adoption.

    In the case of abandoned children the procedure for declaring such children as legally free for adoption as laid down under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 shall apply. An abandoned child can be given in adoption only when the Child Welfare Committee under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000, declares such a child to be legally free for adoption. An abandoned child will be legally free for adoption when such an order is signed by at least two members of the Child Welfare Committee as per Sec. 41(5)(a) of the JJ Act. 2000. On receipt of a report under section 32, the Committee or any police officer or special juvenile police unit or the designated police officer shall hold an inquiry in the prescribed manner and the Committee, on its own or on the report from any person or agency as mentioned in sub-section (1) of section 32 of JJ Act-2000, may pass an order to send the child to the children’s home for speedy inquiry by a social worker or child welfare officer. The inquiry under this section will be completed within such shorter period as may be fixed by the Committee.

    Further,  there are certain criteria as per Hindu Adoptions And Maintenance Act, 1956. Section 7 of the Act clearly states that a Male married Hindu cannot adopt expect the consent of his wife. Also if the couple has child of same sex, then also adoption is not possible.

    We suggest you to first file a petition under Guardian & Wards Act, 1890.Guardian & Wards Act, 1890 thereby seeking  guardianship of the child. Thereafter you can file adoption petition under Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 (HAMA)


  • ansYes he can provided the child is below 16 years and his wife agrees to adoption and natural guardian of child agrees to adoption

    Advocate M S Hussain

      District Court, Saket, Delhi

  • ansThe adoptive father can file a petition under adoption act claiming for the adoption,he has to make the father if alive the other party along with the grandparents.if all 3 consents for the adoption them the court can declare the adoption valid ,he must satisfy court by earning that he is able to take care of the child well.

    Advocate Ritesh Isaac

      Bengali Market, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir I am muslim my wife had affair with another man I have photo proofs.I…
My wife & in-laws left my house along with my 1yr old daughter without information…

Dear Lawrato, is it possible to get custody of 1 yr child to mother and…

we are married for 10 years and child is 5 and half years old. i…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Preeti Joshi

  District Court
 Experience: 9 years

View all >>