What to do if offender is not coming on court dates of cheque bounce

I am a govt servant. i had given the contractor some amount only to return after one month as he had no money to run the contract. I took a cheque in advance without date and name but with due amount filled. He did not return money and ran away without completing the contract also. Since I am Govt servant, I entered my sister's name and tried to encash the cheque. But it bounced. My sister filed a bounce cheque case against him. Legal notice was sent through email and by post also. But he did not reply. Till date 3 hearing were called. He did not appear and is absconding. What to do next?

Answers (2)

contract should be written and dully registered. you can file criminal complaint of fraud against him and take police action. also apply into court for recovery of your amount. because if you take time law will be helpless. law help to vigilant not to sleepy. next time you shall make written agreement with dully registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If accused is not appearing before court apply for issuance of nonbailble warrant against him and there after is absconding the apply before court to declared him proclaimed offender and proceed with the matter

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

My case tranfered from Hyderabad to Nelloe, AP, Original cheque & promissory note Returned to me by court in hyd after taking photo stats. My lawy…

Read More

If cheque is bounced and the drawer of cheque is gone missing then can we file a suit against him or take any legal action about it. plzz mention docu…

Read More

I have given money to a person for his business purpose he has given in written to me on stamp paper and also given Cheque as a proof now when I am as…

Read More

mere virudh 27-11-2012 ko chaque bounce kiya 29-12-2012 ko notice mila and 15-01-2013 ko parivad nyalay me prastut kiya gaya kya ye time bard case hai…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue