What to do if cheque bounces even after having a sufficient balance

11-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Hi, Let me know the procedure of cheque bounce even sufficient balance, what can i do...
Answers (3)

Answer #1
940 votes
if the cheque bounces due to insufficient balance inspite of sufficient balance then bank is liable to pay you damages and there cannot be a cheque bounce case against you. but if the cheque bounces because of other reasons like account closed, or signature differs etc, then you are liable for punishment for cheque bounce case.
People also ask

Can I be jailed for cheque bounce?

A cheque that is not honored can land the payer in prison for up to 2 years. Banks also charge penalties for cheque dishonor. Banks charge different penalties. The amount of the penalty varies from bank to bank.

How do I file a complaint against a bounced cheque?

Step 1: Serve a notice. Serving the Legal Notice Draft is the first step in filing a claim against a cheque bounce. ... Step 2: Making a complaint. ... Step 3: Provide primary evidence ... Step 4: The Trial Process

What is the role of police in cheque bounce case?

The police have no role in cases of cheque bounces. If a cheque bounces, the party that is harmed files a complaint under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act.

What is the legal action if a cheque bounces?

In India, a cheque bounce is a crime. Its covered by Section 138 in the Negotiable Instruments act of 1881. If a complaint has been filed and the court finds the defaulter guilty, they can be punished by a two-year prison sentence and/or fines that can reach twice the amount of the cheque.

Answer #2
929 votes
please issue a notice to the payee who issued any instructions for stopagge of payment basing on the endorsement of the bank given giving 15 days from the date of receipt of notice and file a complaint under sections 138 & 142 of NI ACT

Answer #3
788 votes
Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information

The Cheque Bounce will not happen if the sufficient funds are available. Only in the case of Insufficient funds only shows insufficient balance or else The cheque is returned unpaid because the amount available in that account is insufficient for making the payment of the cheques.

You can file a case against him for dishonor of cheque payment.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."