×

quesWhat is the procedure to be followed in case of cheque bounce

Have a cheque of 5000 rs from a person which is bounced because of insufficient balance. Now advocate demand 4000 rs for applying this matter in court. Is it worth that for 5000 rs I have to pay 4000 rs to an advocate. What is your advice in this matter

• ansyou can negotiate with your lawyer, further court will award you the litigation cost. .

• ansAfter the cheque is bounced you are bound to send the concerned person a legal notice for initiating proceedings under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.

If within 15 days the payment is not made you can register a complaint under section 138 of NI act which is a criminal proceeding. This needs to be filed within 30 days of the completion of 15 days of the notice delivery date.

Alongwith that you can file a recovery suit / summary suit in the concerned civil court simultaneously.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only