What are the steps to file case against cheque bounce

How to registered case against bounce check pf 100000/-.which is given by some one 6 month before without date...m not give that check in bank because account holder doesn't have sufficient balance to clear my check....

Answers (3)

You have to deposit that cheque first in your bank.if it imwill bounce then within 15 days of biunnce you have to send legal notice demanding the amount of said cheque,he will reply or not then from receipt of said notice you have to give him 15 days to return your money.If not then after 15 days within 30 days you can file complainant under section 142&138 of negotiable instrument act.
The cheque should be issued by him towards legal enforceable debt.
Thank you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

First of all, kindly deposit the cheque with your bank..
If it gets Dishonor due to insufficient balance then as per the procedure,
You have to send a legal notice with regards to Dishonor cheque to the drawer of the cheque within 30 days from the date when you came to know about the Dishonor of cheque and in that legal notice you have to give him 15 days time for payment of the said amount.
If he fails to pay the due amount, then you can file a case under Sec 138 of negotiable instrument act 1881.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Dear client first deposits cheque in bank by putting current date on cheque. If cheque get bounce then send legal notice to other party within 30 days to other party. If other party not pay amount then file case in court .

Adv Prasad Patil


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I got a cheque from person. The issuing bank is in Noida. My bank is from ITO form where the cheque bounced. I want to know where can i file the case?…

Read More

Case is going on from 1.4years ,but still in cross examin,need solution..…

Read More

Sir maine ek aadmi ko apna hardware ka maal bheja tha full bill me aur usne mujhe pd ke 2 cheques diye the lekin wo fraud hai aur cheque b bounce ho g…

Read More

<!--StartFragment-->My Agent Give Me A Cheque Before 90 Days And Asked After 90 Days Cheque Will Be Cash At My Account But When I Deposited The…

Read More