Want to file for cheque bounce case on my friend who filed insolvency

Please suggest. A friend of mine has to pay me Rs 8 lakhs with interest. He has filed IP now and i have deposited his cheques in the bank now. Cheques have returned saying INSUFFICIENT FUNDS... Can i go ahead and file the cheque bounce case ? He has filed INSOLVENCY in Jan 2018 .. I have whatsapp messages and SMS ABOUT THE TRANSACTIONS AND HIS CONFIRMATION TO submit the cheques in Jan 2018 before he filed for IP.

Answers (3)

110 votes


You can file cheque bounce case against your friend after duly serving your friend with a demand notice of payment of money under the cheques. You can file cheque bounce case against your friend irrespective of his filing insolvency case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

179 votes

Dear sir, as per my knowledge and information you can go a head with filing of cheque bounce case and it is a criminal offence for dishonor of cheque under NI Act.IP is filed to safeguard himself from getting arrested and no sufficient funds to repay the loan amount.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
200 votes

Dear client
U have no option to file a suit against him
If any any one files IP petition he is away from all the debts.
So u have no right to file cheque bounce Case against him.
If any doubts contact me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I gave a 4 blank cheque to a person against goods and after sometime i get dispute with him , then he fill the cheque with more ammount and dishonour …

Read More

Pls let me know if the cheque is bounce what will happen any suggestion for further process…

Read More

I had received a post dated cheque as a surety from a party. When I tried to deposit it in the bank, I found that the cheque that was issued was of an…

Read More

My brother bought a car and and gave my mother's account cheque without her knowledge.The cheque get bounced with amount 600000.Now arrest warrant…

Read More