Tenant gave cheque which bounced he moved to unknown address

Hell Sirs, My tenant had given me a recent cheque (June 11, 2016) of Rs. 20,000 for settlement of previous unpaid rents, it bounced and then he left my house without notice and shifted to an unknown address. My question is how can I serve written notice on him for bounced cheque as I do not know his new address. He changed his mobile number also. Can notice be sent to his Aadhar card address mentioned in rent agreement where his father lives who can refuse to receive it. Or can I get his other address through his bank or should I take police help in tracing him for this. Thank you Sirs

Answers (2)

94 votes

My advise is to send the notice to all the address which you know so that you can know his whereabouts. You can also get his address from the place he works if you know his place of work .
Make a police complaint and submit it your nearest police station. You can also check with the bank officers of your tenant that whether they are having his new and correct address.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

310 votes

no way. because amount is too much tiny.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles