Sold a plot to someone seller gave a cheque which got bounced

Dear Sir, I have a BDA plot in Bangalore, i wanted to sell the plot. We got a buyer the rate was finalized and agreed to get registered within 3 months. The agreement was registered in sub-register office. The buyer paid 16% of the amount during agreement,rest to be paid during registration. Now the agreement period is over, i sent a SMS and message to buyer mentioning that the agreement stands cancelled as registration was not completed. After that he came and asked for extension of 1 month and paid around 20%. Now the 1 month period is ending he came and gave 2 cheques each of 10% amounting to 56% of the total valuve. Now the cheque has got bounced one due to insufficient fund and another stop payment by buyer. Now what options do i have , can i ask him to cancel the agreement or send cheque bounce notice. Thanks for your time. Thanking you. 

Answers (2)

296 votes

Hi....You can file a case for cheque bounce . First you have to send legal notice to him and give him a chance of 15 days for reply and after receiving of the notice you have to file a case within thirty days before jurisdictional court.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

Dear Sir,

IN light of the circumstances you have tow options that you can explore.

Option 1:
In the event you are very keen upon selling the property to the same person, then you can issue a notice under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act and subsequently file a criminal case against the issuer of the Cheque.

Option 2:
If you are not keen to continue with the Seller, and/ or are getting a different buyer, then you can send him a notice informing him that he has already breached the terms of the Agreement to Sell and that even upon according extension of time he has not complied with the terms of the agreement and also mention the dishonour of the cheques and in light of that terminate the agreement.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles