Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Sections required to file any cheque bounce case

Under which sections the cheque bounce case can be filed

Answers (2)

Under section 138 read with section 142 of Negotiable Instruments Act. The complainant should be filed before territorial jursidication of the area. In Mertopolitan city it shall be filed in Chief or Additional Metropolitan Magistrate Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

A cheque bounce is filed u/s 138 of the Negotiable Instruments act.
In order to do so, the cheque drawn must be from the account of the drawer and should be issued in lieu of a debt or money legally payable to the payee

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

If Guradian/father of cheque issuer can be arrested in case of cheque dishonor. If yes,under what circumstances?…

Read More

I have 8 post dated Cheques for issuing quaterly mode. If my cheque is bounced what is the legal action i do? 1. How much time i refund my money by le…

Read More


Read More

i have give cheque for plant buy agreement. but first part cheat me bcoz at time on sell agreement write that if any previous payment pending and lega…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue