Salary cheque dishonored even after quitting co. with due procedure.

Hi, I was working for a firm in mumbai, I quit the company with due procedure in Jan this year,post which I was informed my salary(FnF) will be paid in 45 days. However the promised duration was not fulfilled and until last month I was called and given a postdated chq for my FnF amount. When I deposited the chq on the said date, I have received a letter from my bank that the account was closed and the chq was returned and the company is also shutdown Please help me know what I can do in this matter. I am confused what to do.

Answers (1)

89 votes


You need to file a case for cheque bouncing under the negotiable instruments Act - criminal provisions against the company and its directors. This is the easiest and fastest option that you have.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles