Salary cheque dishonored even after quitting co. with due procedure.

Hi, I was working for a firm in mumbai, I quit the company with due procedure in Jan this year,post which I was informed my salary(FnF) will be paid in 45 days. However the promised duration was not fulfilled and until last month I was called and given a postdated chq for my FnF amount. When I deposited the chq on the said date, I have received a letter from my bank that the account was closed and the chq was returned and the company is also shutdown Please help me know what I can do in this matter. I am confused what to do.

You need to file a case for cheque bouncing under the negotiable instruments Act - criminal provisions against the company and its directors. This is the easiest and fastest option that you have.