Remedy available if my cheque has bounced

My friend had filed cheque bounce case of Rs 250000 and we settled it in between with court permission to repay it in 5 installments with gap of 7 months in every installments but my father expired last month and I couldn't pay him first emi due to medical expenses of my father. Now my first emi bounced ....what would happen in this can court recover from me..I have no property in my was in name of my father and there is loan from bank on the property. Pls suggest..

Answers (2)

This is contempt of court, you should at the earliest possible appear in the court with an application, explaining the emergency and must try to get some extension of time on humanitarian grounds. In some jurisdictions, courts allow such extensions on exceptional grounds. Other wise, the court may issue warrant in such an event, so you must appear in the court before issuance of such warrants.

For further doubts, feel free to contact me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In this case, person can show his bonafide that his first installment has been due , due to such reason by filing an application.. now court has to consider whether his bonafide is genuine or not.. if you are ready to pay the installment ..

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

I had issued a cheque from my companyA/C on 8-01-05 and extended the date to 8-04-05 on request by putting my initials on changed date. I closed my co…

Read More

Me and the opposite party have made a settlement in the case. do we have to pay any share of 15% to the court from the settlement amount?…

Read More

How much time normally take to settle the case…

Read More

how i save from check bounce without isufficiant blance my account…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue