Relief in case of summon for cheque bounce

Hi i have been summoned by Dwarka Evening court for cheque bounce amounting 18342. I had taken a personal loan for 257000 and I have paid 33 EMI's till now, however due business loss, I shut down my business and started working in a BPO, I have also taken loan from Axis Bank and Bajaj Finance, I have settled loan with Axis bank and I am paying 8000 per mo nth to them and still have 8 months to go. My question is why the bank has sent cheque amount for 18342/- as I never signed any cheque for this amount and how do I proceed about this summon and also settle the loan as I am willing to settle the loan, however, I need sometime as I am already making payment to Axis bank. Can Bank allow me time till I clear Axis bank loan. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers (3)

127 votes

Yes you can do it Successfully only with the help of Good Lawyer. Which can help you in Negotiations with the Bank. Call
Yes you can do it Successfully only with the help of Good Lawyer. Which can help you in Negotiations with the Bank. Call

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

Dear Sir/ Mdam,

reference to your query, the same is only answerable only after reading contents of legal notice and document of Bank (If any), therefore enable us to go through and update you.


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
231 votes

Sir, first of all you must appear before the evening court Dwarka on the next date of hearing and show your willingness to settle the matter. therefore the matter can be referred in the mediation center and through mediation center you will be provided sufficient time.
secondly, if you never signed any cheque for the amount of Rs. 18342 /-, then you have no need to scare about the case and you can fight and win the case in easy way.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles