Property agent takes 2 cheques & says he has lost both cheques

11-May-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Hello, For my home loan, I hired an agent while the loan processes I gave him some signed blank cheques and all required documents. After the loan approval, he has my 2 signed blank cheques (1 is mine and 2nd is my father's ) and he is saying he lost both cheques. I stopped both cheques from the bank but I'm worrying while loan process he took signed on some agreements paper (as he said bank process of power of attorney). I'm worried about if taken signed on any extra blank agreement paper so he can blackmail me with those stop payment cheques ?? What should I do? Please advice
Answers (3)

Answer #1
829 votes
Pls register nc to that effect in nearest police station. This will give u a good defence in case of hazzles. You can also take letter from him confirming that he has lost the cheques. Keep this for your records.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
706 votes
File a complaint with police about lost cheque by you and your father respectively.
Enquire about the documents which are submitted to the loan centre so as to assure yourself.

As you have made a request for stop payment don't worry.

Be careful from next time.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
704 votes
if u fear that the agent has not lost the said blank cheques and may use the said cheques against u by initiating action u/s 138 of N.I. act then u can ask him to give a letter to you acknowledging the fact that the cheques have been lost by him. This will be helpful for safeguarding you if the agent goes and initiates any legal action against you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."