Dear Sir/Mam, Can i issue a Post- Dated cheque to any person ?? Is it legally allowed ?? 2) If a Post- Dated cheque is dishonoured , whether Sec 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act shall apply or not ??

Answers (3)

165 votes

Yes you can issue post dated cheque. If the cheque is dishonoured then it invites 138 proceedings. However, cheque is required to be submitted in the limited period.

Please feel free toreachout for further assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

Respected sir
you stated that you a issue a post dated cheque to others person and you want to know about the if your cheque is Dishonoured other party is have a right to file a case against you under section 138 N.I.Act

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
255 votes

You can issue post dated. If the cheque is presented on that day and balance is found insufficient or payment is stopped it will attract 138. Better not to issue. And in case cheque get bounced 20% amount is to be deposited initially.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles