Person gives cheque with wrong sign from that which is given in bank

i gave a person 25000 cash he give me cheque for future date but with different signature from his signature given in bank. Now he refuse to give me money back what can i do legally?

Get you cheque dishonoured. Then see what reason the bank has mentioned for not honouring the cheque. As a general rule if on the date of presentation of cheque for encashment there is sufficient amount in the account and the payment is stopped 138 NI ACT will not apply. It all depends what the bank mentions on return memo.

You can move to court or police to file criminal case u/s420/406 Ipc and also under negotiable instrumental act 138 but before register case give a notice to opposite party then wait 45 days for response and prescribed in act

This cheque must have bounced. File a cheque bounce case against this fellow. Contact a local Lawyer so that he may help you with filing s cheque bounce case under the Negotiable Instruments Act......