party couldnt attend under negotiable instrument act

In Cheque Bounce Law
what is the remedy provided to the party in a case of section 138 of negotiable instrument act, where in counsel due to personal reasons could not attend the court proceedings and the right to examine the complaint is closed.

Answers (3)

236 votes

By filing a application for reviewing/setting aside the said order, you can get the right back.
Please note that the Court might also impose costs for that. That would be discretion of court. So the application should be drafted properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

You need to filed revision at the session’s court n that is thr only option u have. Secondly? About about you? Even if your council wasn’t attending the date, then u being accused must have informed the court accordingly..b in touch

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
125 votes

The remedy would be to go to the sessions court. The same courts in Crim Law doesn’t have the power to revive a complaint once dismissed.

You have to approach the appellate authority for revival of the criminal complaint

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles